Relevant, Brief Facts about Mustafa Howard
- Born in 1967, Norman OK
- Graduated Norman High School, 1985 with Merit Scholarships, University-level Mathematics honors
- Entered the University of Oklahoma Engineering School.
- Entered Islam, 1987, one of the earliest Caucasian-American male converts in this region of the US. When I moved to DFW as a Muslim, there were only 4 masajid in the metroplex.
- 3 years of travel learning Islam, including Pakistan, India, and later, Jordan
- 7 years of Tableegh work, internationally
- Completed University studies at UTA, Business Administration and Economics, graduating with honors.
- 7 years corporate experience, including American Airlines/SABRE as software developer, data modeler, and organizational structures and process modeling
- Have learned enough Arabic to be fluent in Qur’an and Hadeeth and to study Islamic texts independently
- Have completed extensive, independent studies in Fiqh, Usuul, Maqasid, ‘Aqeedah, Kalaam, Islamic and Western Philosophy, Economics and the Critiques of Capitalism, and various aspects of Social and Political Theory
- Developed the only Comprehensive Convert-Support program in modern times
- Have developed the concept of Community Contract/Charter for large Muslim communities in non-Muslim lands
- Islam Forward is a program in development since 2012. It includes cutting-edge concepts of social-organization theory for Muslim communities, a new field of Da’wah based on interaction with progressive political movements in The West, the emerging need for revitalizing Islamic intelligence by combining Islamic knowledge with proficiency in humanitarian, social, economic, and political studies within the Western mind, and Muslim activism based on applying basic Islamic values and principles to the current challenges of human civilization.
Reviews from students:
I am enjoying the class immensely! I am learning things that I wasn’t taught or haven’t learned in the past 14 years.
This class had helped me more in 4 weeks than any other class I have ever taken.(in 17 years) – Local Muslim (identity protected)
A few photos
At a 2014 protest against the Israeli assault on Gaza