Bryce Masters was 17 years old when a police officer tased him for 23 seconds. His heart stopped for almost eight minutes. His life will never be the same.

“Roughly every 30 minutes that night, Bryce would forget what happened to him. He would feel his mouth and turn to his parents. “What happened to my teeth?” he asked repeatedly. Each time, Stacy and Matt tried to gently remind him that he had been injured by a police officer. He would sleep for a bit, forget again, then look in the mirror. “Who beat the shit out of me?What did I do?” It was hard to accept that a police officer, someone he was taught to trust, could injure him so grievously.

By Sunday, Bryce was ready to leave the hospital. His memory had improved a bit. Given the grim initial prognosis, the Masters felt lucky. They stopped by the intensive care unit to thank the staff. “People were just shaking their heads,” Stacy said. They couldn’t believe he was up walking in less than a week. “He was dead,” said Matt. “It’s a miracle he’s alive.”

Bryce tried to appreciate the moment, but he wasn’t naïve. “I knew, whenever I woke up, that I didn’t feel right,” he said. After going for so long without oxygen, at least some brain damage was inevitable. He wondered what he could repair, and if he was ever going to be the same. As he left Centerpoint Medical Center late Sunday afternoon, he walked with a noticeable limp, dragging his right leg behind him.”

[from the Editor:  The 17 year-old Bryce Masters’ father is a cop.  Otherwise, Bryce would have never received justice.  This is happening to our NEIGHBORS every day, and one day, could be one of us or our children.  Please read the ENTIRE STORY at The Intercept]

WARNING: the following video is a real recording of a horrifying act of violence and gross inhumanity.  Take steps to minimize trauma.  Cry, yell, talk to a friend.  Allow your emotions to flow and be processed.

Source: Tased in the Chest for 23 Seconds, Dead for 8 Minutes, Now Facing a Lifetime of Recovery